Free Las Vegas Warrants Search | Sin City Law Firm
Sin City Law Firm: Criminal Justice Attorney in Las Vegas Nevada
With Free, Arrest Warrant Search For Las Vegas, Henderson, and North Las Vegas
Having traffic warrants or other warrants in Las Vegas, Henderson, and North Las Vegas is quite common. You can have an arrest warrant issued for many reasons. Some of which are:
- Being charged with a crime. (In Nevada, unlike some other states, this includes traffic tickets)
- Not being able to pay court fees or missing a payment to the court
- Forgetting to appear for a court date
- Not showing up to a mandatory judgement debtor’s exam*
Whatever You Decide to Do Do Not Ignore The Warrant
Your warrant will not disappear with time. So, ignoring a warrant will not help. First of all, you can not hide from the police forever as you can encounter the police in many ways; such as, being in the wrong place at the right time or having a minor fender bender. And if you are pulled over by the police, with an outstanding warrant, you’ll most likely be arrested.
To state the obvious; you don’t want to go to jail because of an active warrant. First of all, if you are arrested while driving, your car will likely be towed, and you will be charged hundreds of dollars to get your car back from the towing company. Also, you will most likely be sent to jail, and If you are jailed, (even for a traffic violation), you are going to, in most cases, be incarcerated till the next court date.
If you have the misfortune of being arrested on Friday, you will be stuck in jail for the entire weekend. Also, if you are jailed during a major holiday, you will be detained until the court is back from their holiday vacation. This could mean, depending upon the holiday, that you could be jailed for almost a week.
So, if you don’t consult me at least talk to an attorney who can tell you all of your options. Furthermore, I offer a free consultation where I will do a complimentary full City of Las Vegas warrants search, North Las Vegas warrant search, City of Henderson warrants search, also upon request I will conduct a full Clark County warrants search.
Requirements For The Free Warrant Check In Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson, and Clark County, Nevada
It is best if you email or fax over a legible copy of the ticket. If you know where you received your ticket or where you were charged and/or arrested a copy of your ticket is not necessary. However, to avoid any potential issues, please provide me with any applicable court documentation that you may have.
If you are missing your ticket or other applicable court documentation, I’ll need the following to conduct the free search:
- The court where you were you received your ticket
- Full name and birth date
- Drivers license or other form of legal identification
- For a North Las Vegas warrant search, I will need your social security number
Quashing Traffic Warrants
These include moving violations other than reckless driving. My fees are on a case by case basis. However, my fees start at $75 for quashing traffic warrants in Clark County Justice Court and Clark County Municipal Court. North Las Vegas traffic warrants start at $100 and Henderson, NV traffic warrants start at $125.
Under most courts, other than traffic infractions, the Court does not allow an attorney to “just” quash the outstanding warrant as the attorney will be required to sign up as the attorney of record. This means that, if your warrant is for anything other than minor traffic violations, I will not be able to be retained to only quash your warrant as I will be required to negotiate on your behalf , and if needed go to trial on your case. As a result, of the above, I do charge more for criminal warrants. My fees to quash any outstanding criminal warrants will be based upon many factors. (I.E., Crime you are charged with, estimated times that I would be required to go to court, were you sentenced yet, etc.)
*Judgement Debtor’s Exam- Occurs when you have legal judgement against you and the opposing side summons you in court and interrogates you in court in an effort to discover if you are able to pay the judgement or if you are too poor. It is mandatory to attend and if you do not attend you will be held in contempt of court and a warrant will be issued for your arrest. What is especially troubling is that, because this is a civil and not a criminal matter, it can take up to a month before your warrant can be quashed.
What Should I Expect By Hiring A Lawyer To Quash My Arrest Warrant?
Your results vary case by case. The information below pertains primarily for traffic tickets in Las Vegas and Clark County, Nevada and low-level misdemeanors that have gone into warrant
Generally, if it is a first time that you have gone into a warrant or you missed your first court date, your warrant will be quashed that day, and depending up your situation, after the warrant is quashed you will be put back on payments or you case will be then set for trial. However, if your case is either too old or you’ve been in warrant multiple time , you may have to make a “good faith payment,” before your warrant can be cleared.
Reasons For Hiring A Lawyer For Your Clark County, Nevada Warrant Search And Warrant Quash
- Save Time: To quash a warrant, in Las Vegas Justice Court and most other courts, you will need to file a motion and, depending upon what day your motion is filed, your case may be seen the same week that your case is filed. North Las Vegas and Henderson Traffic Warrants warrants though can take up to a week before you can go to court to get your warrant recalled. However, by hiring a lawyer, you will most likely (especially true for traffic tickets and other minor misdemeanors) not be required to appear in court as your lawyer will go to court for you.
- Less Chance of Jail Time: The court clerks will not tell you that if you do show up, without a full or partial payment whether or not you are going to be arrested upon showing up for your court date. So, you are taking a risk by showing to court without a lawyer. Thus, by hiring a lawyer, you’ll be able to eliminate the chance of being jailed when you are attempting to clear your warrant.
- Free Warrant Check: As stated, I will provide a free complimentary warrant search for Clark County, Nevada.